I think that one of the best and worst things about the whole moving process is the closet changeover. I like my closet pretty organized. All of my sweaters are color coordinated, the shirts are all hung and separated by long sleeves, short sleeves and tanks then color coordinated as well. (BTW- this also goes for my shoes if you can't tell from the pic) I know, it may be a little bit much but I love an organized closet. I just HATE all the work that goes into it. But after every piece of clothing and every pair of black patent leather peep toes are in place it's like a work of art.
The part I was most proud of during the closet changeover fiasco was my donation pile. Let me explain something about myself...I hate to get rid of clothes. In fact I hardly ever do it, I always convince myself that I will wear it again, or the style will come back, etc. Well I donated three huge garbage bags and 3 boxes of clothes to Goodwill today. It was a spring cleaning like I have never experienced before.
Well here are the highlights of the items that I gave away:
- The red floral dress that I wore to my high school graduation in May of 2000 and yes it still fit :)
- All my overly slinky and semi trashy tops that I wore out during my college days
- A faded jean jacket (I have no idea how long that thing has been around)
- Sweaters, sweaters and more sweaters
- A pair of skin tight khaki pants that zipped up the back
- 4 pairs of jeans
- 7 pairs of flip flop sandals
- 2 down comforters
So now that the closet is done, the bed has been made, and everything is starting to find it's own nook in the new surroundings I feel like I need to do a little spring cleaning in other parts of my life. I need to tie up loose ends, reconnect with friends and family and work on making my life as clean, organized and fabulous as my closet...basically I need find my chi so wish me luck.