Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A good old fashioned "Meat Night"


Okay so I'll admit it, I love food. I am probably the least picky eater in the world. There is only 1 food I do not like...cherries, but I like cherry suckers and an occasional Cherry Coke Zero just not plain cherries or cherry pie. So as it turns out I'm not even that picky when it comes to my least favorite food. One thing I do love? MEAT! So Gene, Cory and I thought we would go to Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian Steakhouse for "Meat Night" last week. In a word, delicious!

I prepared for the big night by not eating much during the day saving room for the luscious hunks of meat I would be served and served and served again (it is all you can eat after all). I also made sure to wear something that could be forgiving if needed (a cute sweater dress and leggings fit the bill) So we headed downtown hungry, comfy and ready to eat.

We walked in and hit the salad bar first. It was huge with lots of veggies. We took it easy saving room for the main course. I tried the jumbo asparagus and a small salad. After all we weren't there for "Salad Night."

Then came the meat. It was a beautiful sight. There were like 15 different meats floating around the room on swords that were wielded by gauchos (actually wearing gaucho pants I might add). I tried most of the meats even if it was just a nibble. My favorite was the house special or Picanha. It was seasoned with sea salt and garlic and I could smell it from across the room.

Here is the evidence from round 1!


All in all it was a fabulous evening filled with delicious meats, great conversation, wonderful friends and did I mention the caipirinhas?

But at the end of the night I made the decision to say farewell to meat, at least for a while. With the summer months and fresh produce in abundance why not keep them as my focus. My goal is to go meat free for 6 weeks and if I can make it through that alive I may even try the whole summer.

I should probably say a proper goodbye...so here it goes:

Meat, I bid you adieu but at least we went out in style. We had a good thing and believe me, I will miss your rare and medium rare goodness but we just need to go our separate ways for a while. It's not you, it's me. Love~ Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment